Saturday, January 28, 2006

Things that make you go Wooo!

Or should have I entitled it "As the blog turns" LOL..@ You Freak on Nature..I promise to title of my blogs that and ill dedicate it to you.Last night as I anticipated I got a phone call from Starbucks saying to come to his house and we would go to his friends house. Cool, I was already dressed and getting ready to go to Dolton's house who cooked some dinner that she wanted me to taste. Im like cool, I stopped by there and ate something then went to my aunts house to see if I had some mail. No mail.. Then I went to Starbucks house and we went to the boondocks to see his friend who has a Very Nice house. On the way out there, we talked about friends. He thinks its stupid for a person to not have any friends. He was getting angry with me because I said I dont have any and all I have are associates. Well its true, im working on gaining friends and introducing a couple of my old ones back into my life. He told me he was gone pull over, take his belt off, and whoop me in the woods.. How hot would that be? LOL! Question: Do you believe that friends are important in ones life? His friends "children" were there and having fun. I sat and observed, and engaged in meaningful conversation with everyone that was there. Eventually I was so bored or tired that I ended up nodding out on the couch. Let's go and that was all I had to hear cause I was ready to go. I was giving the option of staying which I gladly accepted cause I wouldnt have made it. I was knocked out in 2 minutes. I slept all night and woke and we were engaged in another indepth conversation. This one was about being HIV positive. I am thankful for negative status. He asked me would I date someone who was was positive and my honest opinion/ first instinct answer would be NO! I can be friends with them and be a strong support system but I cant date them. For I know someone whom I associate with from time to time is positive. I dont discriminate but we can be Associates.Why endanger my life? If im negative why involve/engage with someone who is and risk becoming infected? Then he started telling me that it is nothing wrong with having HIV and that have if they stick their regimen then it should be ok and that I could date them. I totally disagree! The only way I could be in a relationship with a positive person if they found out while we together and If I absolutely loved them. Love is so hard to come by these days cause it is all a game. This makes me think about the episode of Noah's Arc where Benito told Rickey he was positive after Rickey found out he was Negative. Things changed for them and the ending result was the Rickey loved him. I left his house with that thought in mind. Would I date a positive person? I want to know your opinion. Feedback Please People!

2 Comments:

At 2:23 AM, Blogger Omar Ramon said...

Ay man thanx for the welcome. sho 'nuff appreciate it. Friends are very important. Companionship is important. You have someone with whom you share a rapport, that understands you. You are able to spend ( consistently enjoyable) time with them and all at once have someone you can be comepletely real with because(ideally) what have you to hide? after all, they're your friend. Having a lot of friends is not neccessary. I've never had a lot. and sometimes certain people are useful as friends only in certain areas of your life or in respect to certain specific facets of your personality and not so much so in others. I have different friends on whom i can rely for certain things...all of whom i love and hold dear... but as we've grown i've just learned that everything ain't for everybody. folk come and go but if they're worth keeping around you'll know it. aight enough of my rambling on that subject.
The positive issue is a touchy subject . Contagious life -threatening diseases have a bothersome tendency to put somewhat of a damper on romance. understandably so. Most folk probably feel the way you do and would not bother with a person intimately ,knowing ahead of time that the person was positive. Yes in these days , love is hard enough without adding that lovely lil extra. However, like homie said...if the person is taking care of themselves...and you are both protected at all times (which you should be anyway)physically things should be cool. The tricky part is the emotional drain. The emotional rollercoaster that comes along with any disease is a ride engaged by both parties in a couple. should the infected individual's condition worsen, you suffer immensely as might be expected when facing the prospect and eventual reality of losing a loved one. But chew on this...you go into any relationship knowing there is the possibility you may lose that mate- regardless of cause.in the absence of hiv there still looms ahead of you the very real danger of cancer, freak accidents, murder, natural causes, or the simpler breaking up due to infidelity, change of heart, etc. So putting the presence of chronic illness aside..what are you really losing by getting involved with a positive individual?

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Ya boy Maurice said...

WOW, what an eye and mouthful. I guess I could feel like I am losing myself in a sense. I guess my main issue is that GAY relationships dont last long so why put myself at risk. What if something happens and the condom breaks or anything like that I risk being infected. Like I said before Im still young and am not ready to die although with modern technology you can still live but still with a few limitations. I have no problem with people who have it and like I said if I love them it wouldnt matter. My love is unconditional.. so if they found out while we were together I would stick by your side. I'll just know that we'll be over protected which in a sense will remove the romance. It is my belief that people get better results by just being str8 upfront and honest, cause im sure I have encountered some positive person before and been spared.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home